Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How can I have s'more of nothing?

Yesterday was the first day of no sugar. This go around. I've gone off sugar a couple times before in the four years my hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant. But I only went off for about two weeks. Apparently, that isn't nearly long enough.

I'm happy to report that even though we had friends over for a foil dinner cookout––which was so fun! and very yummy––I didn't have a single bite of sugar. Not even when they broke out the s'mores. Of course being the first day, it was fairly easy.

Until night came. Dang night time! That's when I'm at my weakest. I have this bad habit of munching at night. So instead of my usual popcorn and something chocolaty, I had a salad with little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top. Then spent the rest of the night feeling like I was starving. Which I wasn't. Just those nasty cravings kicking in.

And it's only going to get better––said in a very sarcastic voice.

All right, day two. I'm ready for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment